Leaves of Thankfulness

For the past few years, several of my friends have posted on Facebook about things they are thankful for each day during the month of November. I decided that I wanted to do that too, but I wanted Ray to be involved. And I figured I could also do something that might become a family tradition every year. So this is basically a preview of what we're going to do this month. I simply wanted to share now in case anyone else is interested in doing this too.

I cut out different shapes of leaves on different colors of fall construction paper. Each night, either Ray or I (or a combination of us) think about something we are thankful for and we write it on a leaf. So far it has been difficult to narrow the things or people we are thankful for down to one thing! Once you start talking about all the things you are thankful for, you realize that you have so so much. So far we are thankful for our God who is personal, James, Evan (Ray's brother who is coming home for Thanksgiving!), home improvements, and God's provision in our lives. It has been a good exercise for me because I am not always the first person to have thankfulness on my tongue. Once we write on the leaves, we are hanging them on twine that is hanging between the living room and entry. It is a wonderful reminder for us during the day and it's a nice fall decoration as well :) 

Here is a small preview of what it looks like... I will have better pictures at the end of the month. 

We have so much to be thankful for this season! 

Comments

Popular Posts