8 Months!

James is 8 months old and he's such a good baby!  Here's what's going on these days:
- He weighs 20 pounds and 9 ounces.  
- He is actually starting to be somewhat content on his stomach for a little while.  Hopefully this will mean that he'll learn how to roll over soon.  He rolled over one time in his crib, but nothing since then.
- He likes to say "Ba ba ba" or "Da da da."  He's also starting to look at us and study us a lot when we talk to him.  Sometimes he tries to make the same sounds that we make.
- He still isn't eating solids.  I first started by trying the baby led weaning approach (read about it here), but James was not interested at all.  Then I tried purees and he spit everything back out.  I tried sweet potatoes, avocados, apples, carrots, and bananas.  So, now I'm just giving him large chunks of food back in accordance with the baby led weaning approach.  He has started picking up the food and putting it near his mouth (this is an improvement - he used to just stare at it).  Sometimes he puts it in his mouth, but he spits it back out.  He makes a huge mess, but it's a lot of fun.  I love cleaning him after he eats because when I wipe the food off of him he laughs hysterically!
- He's still a great napper.  He sleeps in the morning for 1 - 1 1/2 hours.  If he is still sleeping after 1 1/2 hours, I wake him up because if I don't it will make his afternoon nap shorter.  Typically he sleeps 1 1/2 - 2 hours in the afternoon.  He almost always goes down without issues and he has napped very well at church in the nursery and at my parents' house.
- He still doesn't sleep through the night.  People ask me this question all the time and they are shocked when I say that he still gets up twice a night.  He goes to bed at 7pm and then wakes up around 11pm to eat and then around 3am to eat again.  He wakes up for the day between 7-7:30am.  Sure, I wish that he would sleep through the night, but the more I talk to other moms, the more I realize that it's pretty normal to have a baby who gets up as much as he does.  Nevertheless, when he sleeps through the night one day, I will be very thankful :)
- James wakes up slowly (just like his mama).  When he wakes up, he likes to be held and cradled for a little while.  If I just go and get him and then put him down, he bursts into tears.  He likes to be held while he wakes up.  I love this time because he's so cuddley.  
- He loves it when we hug him tight.
- He loves it when Ray throws him up in the air and then catches him.  Of course, this makes me super nervous.  I just take deep breaths while they have crazy dad-son time. 
- James is very content in the car.  He likes to look out the window and play with his toys in his car seat.  He only gets fussy if we're in the car for 20 minutes or longer. 
- We are very thankful to have a very happy baby.  Sure, he gets fussy sometimes when his naps are not the best, but overall, he is amazing.  If he is fussy, all we need to do is put him in the Boba or hold him and he's back to being happy.

And the pictures from this past month-
We know he's awake from his naps when he lifts his legs like this.  He just holds his legs up and then starts to play with his feet.  
 We attempted to measure how tall he was.  That didn't happen.  James just thought that it was an opportunity to jump.  If you put his feet on a solid surface - the child will jump. 
 Then, when he finally quit jumping, he attempted to pet the giraffe on the growth chart.  Busy busy boy! 
Yum!  Avocados and sweet potatoes!  He's almost got the hang of it-
 We left the Boba carrier at my parents' house one day - Ahhh!  We were without our #1 baby essential!  But thankfully, James was still quite content in his Boba wrap. 
He was loving an afternoon at my parents' house with the family.  James loves his Gigi Kathryn and Papa Odell-
 James picked his first tomato!  And then I quickly took it from him so he wouldn't choke on it :)
 Here is James playing with his second cousins, Jag and Cash!  They were all born in December. 
Working with daddy in the yard! 
And playing fun games with daddy-
And my new cousin came to visit, George James!  James and George got to check each other out for a little while. 
It was a great month, little man!  Keep on growing and being the great baby that you are! 


Comments

Popular Posts