An Afternoon with Grandaddy and Mimi

This morning, I didn't really have anything on the agenda, so I called up Lisa (or as James calls her, Mimi), and she was free, so we decided to hang out!  James and I drove out to her house in Pleasant Garden after he woke up from his morning nap.  Once we got there, we decided to go grocery shopping.  This reminded me of my life over a decade ago.  Before I had my driver's license, Lisa and I went to the grocery store every day (or at least it felt like it was daily).  I actually liked going to the store though.  I still enjoy shopping and it was fun to go grocery shopping with someone rather than just talking to James as he's strapped to my back. 

After a long shopping trip, we got back to her house and I put James down for a nap.  It took him a little longer to get settled than normal, but I didn't really know why since I don't have a video monitor at their house.  After sleeping for 2 1/2 hours, I decided to check on him since that's a little longer than usual for his afternoon nap.  I went in the room and he had done a 90 degree turn and he was on his belly!  He's never rolled over in either direction and he hates tummy time, but there he was - knocked out on his belly.
So my little man finally figured out how to get from his back to his tummy.  He was sleeping so well, but I finally decided to wake him up since his grandaddy was getting ready to get in the pool.  James had a great time playing with grandaddy!
 And James got his diaper dirty, so we just decided to let him go skinny dipping - that's how we do it at the Blakewood house. 
So thankful for wonderful times at my parents' house!  We love you guys! 

Comments

Popular Posts