Christmas Cookies... In Late January?

Yes... Christmas cookies in late January.  Why?  Because Evan and Kaitlyn were finally able to join us to make the Bower family complete.  It's a Bower family tradition to make, cut out, and decorate the little sugar cookies.  We usually do it a few days before Christmas and enjoy them over the holiday, but this year, we waited until Evan and Kaitlyn could join.  Both of them are in the Navy, so let's just say that their free time is rare and their free time together is practically nonexistent.  This was the first time that we've seen them together since May.

We all got together at Ray's parents' house on Saturday.  Here are some pictures from the event!

James really liked hanging out with his favorite aunt -
 Cutting the cookies -
 James with great aunt Kim -
 Every year Ray makes a few cookies that are creative and very detailed.  Then he gets tired of the cookie tradition and just puts icing on cookies without caring what they look like.  This was one of his creative cookies - It's Kaitlyn in a yellow submarine. 
 Evan and Kaitlyn - really focusing on those cookies -
 One cookie making table - 
 And the other -
 Beautiful finished products -
 Ray made this one and I LOVED it!  It's James riding a horse!  I'm not sure why he made the horse's mane brown because Alice (my horse) is a palomino, but at least he got the right idea.  James will be learning how to ride this summer.
 And here's my cookie.  I'm a little excited about next week, obviously.  I can't decide who I want to win - I'm a fan of Baltimore and San Fransisco.  I'm just so sad that this is the last football game of the season.  Now my weekends will be a little depressing until the weather gets better in the spring. 
  And James and I just watched everyone and took pictures other than me making my one Super Bowl cookie.  He was pretty chill in his new Boba carrier. 
Maybe this year we'll make Christmas cookies in December.  But who knows! 

And all the Bowers together -

Comments

Popular Posts