1 Month!

As of January 10th, James was one month old and I can hardly believe it!  It seems that the past month has flown by.  It has gone by a lot faster than the last month of my pregnancy - that's for sure.  This past month included some pretty big events.  For starters, getting used to having a newborn is a huge adjustment, but we're doing well.  We got to celebrate our first Christmas as a family of three.  The family loves James and he was the center of attention at most family gatherings in December.  Here's what James has been up to so far in his life -
  • He eats about 8-9 times each day.  He is a lazy eater.  He starts strong and then starts to fall asleep.  I have to burp him, move him around, tickle his feet, rub his back, or change his diaper to keep him awake and munching away.
  • He sleeps well at night most nights (I am knocking on wood as I type).  Usually I feed him at 10:00, 2:00, and 6:00. 
  • He is usually very alert after eating and likes to spend this time looking at me or Ray.  He likes it when I am laying on my back and he sits on my stomach.  He can lean his back and head against my legs when I have my knees bent.  He has support for his head and he can throw his arms and legs around in this position.  
  • Ray and I would love to think that he has smiled at us, but we know that it's most likely just gas or reflexes.
  • He likes to be in a wrap because he likes to be close to us.  He is asleep on my chest as I write this.  He was in a wrap on me for his first trip to church.
  • He loves it when Ray swings him around in his car seat.  Ray swings him so high sometimes that I'm just thankful that James is strapped in tightly.  
  • He likes his stroller a lot.  I assume that he likes it anyway.  Almost always he will go to sleep within a few minutes of moving around in the stroller.  
  • He does not really like diaper changes.  Sometimes he doesn't mind them, but he usually has something to say about being stripped and a cold cloth cleaning his bottom.
  • He usually likes bath time.  He likes the warm water on him and his eyes get huge when we dump the water on his chest and let it run down.  He gets excited about that.  The only part that he does not like about bath time is when we pick him up out of the warm water to wash his backside.  Let's be real though - who likes getting out of a warm bath?
Here are some pictures of the past month -
4 days old -
9 days old
10 days old
11 days old and tired of all the pictures!
13 days old
1 month at bath time!  He gets really excited about the water flowing over him.
Just chillin in his big boy chair in big boy clothes -
A little shocked - not quite ready for the picture.  He's saying, "Are you looking at ME?"
It's been a great month, little monster!  So glad that we will have many more months together :)

Comments

Popular Posts