Making Cookies!

It's December and it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in our house! Last night James and I made gingerbread cookies together for the first time and he loved it. He was very helpful and excited about every step. He patiently waited for my instructions. 
I let him put the ingredients in the bowl.
I missed getting the pictures of him helping roll out the dough and cutting the cookies, but he did a great job. He got extra excited watching the cookies bake in the oven. Then, this morning, we made the icing together. 
He liked tasting the icing. He also really liked drizzling the icing on the cookies.
He did great and decorated all of them! This is him saying cheese...
And I finally let him eat one after the icing became solid again. 
He went right for the head. That gingerbread man didn't have a chance. 
He only eats dessert on a rare occasion, so he was loving this cookie. I didn't intend for him to eat the whole thing, but by the time I put my phone down after I took the picture and went back to him, all that was left was a gingerbread hand... Or maybe it was a foot? We need to get these cookies out of the house before I eat them or James goes crazy on a sugar high! 

Comments

Popular Posts