Ahhhh... Saturdays

I love Saturdays. When I was a teacher, I looked forward to them so that I could sleep in. Now, I love Saturdays more than ever before. Saturday is our family day. Ray is home and we have precious time all together as a family all day long. 

Today was perfect. This morning Luke woke up at 7:45, but I was still very tired, so Ray took him for me and let me sleep until James woke up at 8:30. Once we were all up, we started cooking breakfast. This has become a Saturday morning tradition. Bacon, homemade pancakes, and eggs. Good stuff. James loves pancakes, but only if they have "hona" (honey). He will repeat the word over and over until he gets a drop of liquid gold on his pancake. He dances when he gets honey. 

Just hanging out on a Saturday morning... James was feeding me and Luke carrots here. 
And he was piling blankets on Luke while we were getting ready here...
Usually on Saturdays we like to go somewhere. Today we went to the Greensboro Farmer's Curb Market because Ray's dad was working there selling honey and candles. We walked around, got to visit with Pop for a bit, and bought some goodies. From there, we drove a few blocks and let James play at the Children's museum. He loves it there! 

Later, we ate lunch at home. After lunch, all of us laid down for a long afternoon nap. I napped with Luke. He's so cuddly! 
Once we woke up, we decided to go to Summerfield to do a walking trail with Christmas lights. We went last year, but James had just turned 1 and couldn't even walk yet. He loved it this year. After initially wanting Ray to hold him, he later decided that he wanted to be down so that he could run around and touch the lights. He loved it. We loved watching him. I hope it continues to be a family tradition. 
And then we actually ended up seeing several of our friends there too! James's friends, Ellie, Audrey, and Davis were there too...
Once we came home, Ray fed James dinner as he started cooking dinner for us. I was putting Luke to bed. After Luke was asleep, we finished cooking dinner and then put James to bed. After both of them were in bed, we ate dinner together. Usually we eat with James, but tonight it just didn't happen and we ate while watching a movie. I sure do love Luke going to bed early so that the two of us have some good quality time in the evenings again as just us and no kids. We love our boys, but we need a little time without them too :)

Yep, this day was pretty much perfect. I love my family and I love Saturdays! 


Comments

Popular Posts