Fire Pit Time

I've always loved sitting by the fire.  It's my favorite part of camping out.  I don't think that Ray and I will be going camping this summer or fall with James (I'm just not that adventurous), so we decided to bring the fire to our backyard.  We decided to get a fire pit.  Actually, that's just part of the story.  The other reason I wanted to get a fire pit is because Ray went crazy with the chainsaw in our backyard.  Seriously... It looks like a small tornado came through. Anyway, I wanted to get rid of the wood that's left in Ray's destructive path.  A fire pit may mean that it takes a long time to get rid of the wood, but it will happen one day.  And then the other reason why I wanted a fire pit is because we can't leave the house after James goes to bed at night, but we can make a fire.  Making a fire means that we sit outside and gaze at the stars and are separated from technology.  Sometimes we sit in silence and other times we talk.  So - I had several reasons for wanting a fire pit and that's one of the gifts that Ray got me for Mother's Day. 

Here's Ray after making his first fire -
I think that he was pretty proud of himself.  It took skill making that fire because all the wood was wet because it had recently rained.  Please don't judge the lack of grass in our backyard or the lack of landscaping around the fire pit... that's a whole different project reserved for this fall.

It's just like camping!  Except I get to sleep in a super comfortable bed in a climate controlled bedroom after I enjoy the fire.  This is my style of camping.
Super yummy burgers, sweet potato fries, and strawberries.  And yes... that's my bacon on the side of my burger.  
I'm looking forward to many more summer nights and evenings beside a fire! 

Comments

  1. I love hanging out around a fire pit on cool nights. The fall season is my favorite because the nights are just cold enough to appreciate the fire, but not too frigid; the smell that comes with fall is also a great experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts