5 Months!

Our little booger is 5 months old and he's more fun than ever!  Here's what's happening this month -

 He weighs 18 pounds.  I am a little obsessed with his weight.  I weigh him each week.  During one week this month he only gained one ounce.  I was convinced that I was starving him to death.  Then, the next week, he gained nine ounces.  I felt like I was a good mom again. 

 His sleep is much better (crossing my fingers and knocking on wood as I type)!  He magically went from these short 20-40 minute naps to long naps.  Over the past week he's been taking one long morning nap and one long afternoon nap.  It's amazing.  He's a much happier baby because he's well rested and I'm a better mama because I get to take a shower, read some, and relax a little.

He got stung by a bee.  Yep.  Ray was standing in front of the hives with him as he was talking to him about beekeeping.  Suddenly a little disoriented bee came right out and stung his hand.  On a positive note, James did not even cry.  We were able to get the stinger out quickly and he only had minimal swelling.  He took it like a champ.  I guess he will be the fourth generation of Bower beekeepers.  (Side note to my friends with kids - I have never been stung by our bees.  You don't get stung unless you go and stand in front of the hive.  So - come on over and play without fear - the honey bees are not out to get you, I promise!)

He actually jumps in the Jumperoo these days and is loving it.

He is becoming very ticklish.  He laughs and laughs when we tickle his belly and his feet.  It's so much fun to hear him laugh.

He loves to bite anything that comes near his mouth.  We were eating dinner with him the other night and I put a green bean in front of his face.  He tried to pull it in and eat it!  I pulled it back quickly though because we're not planning on giving him solids until he's at least six months old.  He's strictly enjoying mommy's milk right now and it's obviously supplying him with everything he needs.     

He loves to be held.  He always has.  He is becoming more independent now, but I hold him a lot just because he's so content and so cuddly when I hold him.  I can't resit a happy baby who grabs my hair and snuggles his head on my shoulder.  When I get tired though (which I do quickly), I thankfully have the Boba carrier to help me out. 

Here's what he's doing this month in pictures-

Taking his first ride on a Harley -
 He's a natural -
 Family pictures -
 

And this was really cute...
Until he started eating the flowers...
Chillin while wearing Ray's Taylor University hat -
Hanging out with his grandaddy -
Using the swing that Grandaddy and Mimi gave him -
Those cheeks are gigantic -
Sweet feet and a frog on his bottom -
Some well needed sleep.  I have spent many hours napping in bed with this guy.  One of the best places to be.  I know that this stage passes all too fast. 
Yes... he's wearing a purple diaper.  Purple is my favorite color.  Don't judge him - judge me :)  But look at those rolls.  LOVE this boy so much!
And a close up of that sweet fat -
It's starting to be so much fun!  I can't wait for this summer - fun times at the pool and good times with friends and family are ahead :)

Comments

Popular Posts