Easter 2013

When I was little, I used to think that Easter was a very random holiday.  I wondered why the Easter bunny could never bring as much as Santa.  Between the tasteless raw carrots and nasty sweet Peeps, I just didn't think the holiday lived up to its hype.  Boy was I wrong.

Since becoming a follower of Jesus, I've realized that Easter is everything.  If it were not for this holiday, then everything I believe and all my hope in this life and the afterlife would be absolutely worthless.  If Jesus did not die for my sins and then defeat death by rising from the dead, then Christianity is pointless.  It takes faith to believe the previous sentence.  I do believe it and in that belief, I have peace, hope, and joy.  I am so thankful that I have a Savior who died for me so that I can live.

This year, James got to celebrate his first Easter.  Even though he does not understand all that Jesus did for him yet, I hope and pray that we will raise him in such a way that he understands this truth at a young age.  I pray that James will know that Easter is about more than Peeps, eggs, or good food.  I pray that he knows that it's all about our Savior who defeated death to give us life.

This year, our Easter started by going to church as a family and my parents joined us.  Then we were on to lunch with Ray's family.

Three generations of Bower men -
James with his aunt Kim -
Cousin Jon -
Grandpa Wood cutting the ham -
And the whole family after lunch!
Then after this meal, we headed out to my parents' house for an early dinner -

Here are the three Tucker women cooking in the kitchen -
And here's some of what they cooked.  I couldn't get all of it on my plate!
James hanging out with more family -
Watching some golf with his daddy -
All the boys!  Cousin Kelly's boys and James.  We're going to be in big trouble next Easter!
Three generations of Blakewoods -
And our first Easter family picture -
 Happy Easter, everyone! 

Comments

Popular Posts