Due Date Baby? No.

It was odd looking at the date on my phone today.  It said December 5th.  Since March 25th this year (the day we found out I was pregnant), I've been thinking that December 5th would be a very special time.  I guess that in the back of my mind, I thought that James would already be here by now.  I thought that he would come early rather than late.  I guess it's because there are so many milestones in pregnancy.  When we first found out that I was pregnant, I just wanted to make it to 6 weeks when we would be able to see his heartbeat on an ultrasound.  Then I just wanted to make it to 10 weeks so that we could actually hear his heartbeat.  Then I wanted the first trimester to end.  Then I just wanted to make it to 24 weeks so that he would have a chance of survival outside the womb if I went into labor.  Then I just wanted to make it to 30 weeks.  Then I wanted to make it to 34 weeks so that I would be considered "late pre-term."  Then I wanted to make it to 37 weeks so that I could be full term.  Then I wanted to make it to 39 weeks because that's actually much better than 37 weeks.  And now I'm 40 weeks pregnant and I'm shocked!  How did we make it this far?  I was so worried about so many of those milestones and yet all of them came and went regardless of my worries.

Now I am a little tempted to worry about the next 2 weeks.  I could be worried that I won't go into labor on my own and that I have to be induced.  BUT - I am trying my hardest, by the power of God, not to worry.  I know that His timing is perfect and that He knows what He's doing.

So here I am.  On my due date with a baby on the inside rather than the outside.  Would I rather have him in my arms?  Of course!  But many good things take time.  I'm also taking these precious moments before he arrives surprisingly well.  I decided to start my maternity leave yesterday, so I have more time at home to get ready.  I'm balancing cleaning, cooking, and resting in preparation for his arrival.  Today I worked on cleaning the house and I was able to get a pedicure (thanks to a gift card from Aunt Donna!).  I also spent some good time with Lisa stringing cranberries for the Christmas tree.  Then, Lisa, Kathryn, and I went out for lunch.  Ray and I are working on The Lord of the Rings marathon in the evenings as well as walking 3 miles a day.  I believe that I will look back on this time (however long it may be) before he arrives as an exciting and restful season.

James is evidently going to be like his mother and arrive to important places a bit late rather than on time.

He is making me look larger than ever.  I'm thinking that he's going to be one thick baby when he comes out.  Here are some belly pics from the last couple of weeks -

38 1/2 weeks -

 39 1/2 weeks and James has a stocking now! 

 And it's not the best, but I figured I needed a "due date" picture.  Here it is - 40 weeks! 
 Alright buddy, anytime now would make your mommy and daddy very happy :)

Comments

Popular Posts