A Southeast Shower

On November 8th, my awesome Falcon family threw a shower for me at Southeast High School.  I've been working at Southeast for 4 1/2 years.  I graduated from Southeast and I guess that I just flew back to the Falcon nest after I graduated from college.  Although most of the teachers who taught me have moved on, the Southeast community remains the same - wonderful.  I have always felt privelaged to work at SE.

Mia Johnson was one of my teachers when I was a student and she organized the shower.  I was in her Spanish III class and her bible literature class as a senior.  She was my mentor for my first years of teaching and I could not imagine working without her.  The rest of the foreign language department also helped with the shower and they are wonderful teachers too - again, they are what make Southeast so special!

Cathy Garrett, Valarie Williams, and Kelsey Norman also made the shower come together and helped organize so much.  Even though we teach completely different things, I love hanging out with them and they make me a Falcon at heart.

Here are some pictures of the shower - the food was great!
Valarie made some beautiful and delicious cupcakes - 
 Cathy's cute centerpiece with a palomino horse - so appropriate -
 Getting something to eat!  Sorry ladies, I know that this is not the most flattering, but I did not get many pictures of the guests :( (Left to right: Joanie, Catie, Megan, Lindsay, and Kelsey).
 Again, sorry ladies, but these were the only pictures that I had!  (Left to right: Joanie, Valarie, Sonya, Carol, and Lisa). 
This is the amazing diaper cake that Cathy put together for me.  I love it so much that I don't want to use it!  It has the giraffe and turquoise theme, so it fits perfect in the nursery. 
And then Valarie took my camera and took 50 pictures of me opening gifts... seriously... I think that she really took 50 pictures!  Anyway, I will entertain you with the many faces of Jessica.  Read the caption to see what I'm "really" thinking...
O my goodness... what could possibly be in this card?

Am I really going to have to use diapers?  I didn't know this when I got pregnant.

What am I supposed to do with this?  I'm a little scared.

I think that I can read a children's book to James, but I'm not sure...

What?  I don't understand.  I'm blonde. 

Wait... I still don't understand.  I'm still blonde. 
Here was the pregnant crew last year.  At the end of the school year, all of us were pregnant.  Now that Allison and Catie have had their girls, it's time for me and Ebony to have our boys.  Notice how the ones who are not 9 months pregnant look so much more comfortable and happy... 
Ebony is due with her little boy just 5 days before me!  It's been so much fun to walk along with someone who's so close to my due date through this pregnancy.
With all the gifts at 36 weeks!  Thanks so much to my SE family for blessing me and James with your friendships and your presents! 

Comments

Popular Posts