New House, New Pregnancy, & Bringing Back the Blog

I started a blog last summer, but I only did two posts.  I'm convinced that this blog must start back up so that I can document our life.  I certainty have a lot to document.

We sold our house in Gibsonville and moved to Greensboro on May 2nd.  We moved from a new house to an old house.  From a house where everything was "standard" to a home where nothing is "standard."  We have a lot of projects that we want to do in our new house, but we will take our time with it.  The house is completely livable as is, so our home improvements will just be part of the journey.

We are so happy to be in Greensboro.  Ray now drives about 10 minutes to get to work rather than 35 minutes.  We live 2 minutes from Harris Teeter and Whole Foods.  We live 3 minutes from our church.  I love our close proximity to everything because when we lived in Gibsonville, we had to drive at least 30 minutes to see any friends, most family, or go to church.  Now everything is so much closer.  I'm not wasting my life in a car and we're not spending a fortune on gas.  Life is much better in Greensboro.

Another HUGE thing I want to document in our blog is Baby Bower that we're expecting around December 5th!  We're extremely excited and completely clueless all at the same time.  I'm doing my best to read books, research, and get on the right track while I have time this summer, but in the end, I'm hoping that the natural motherly instinct kicks in big time when the baby actually gets here because I'm still terrified of newborns!  Neither Ray nor I have ever changed a diaper or even held a newborn.  This whole process will be a major learning curve for us! 

O and one more new thing... I got a new camera!  I was super excited because my old camera died.  I mean, died and will not come back.  My dad gave me his old point and shoot camera, but I still wanted a really nice camera with the baby coming and everything.  I've never had a great camera, so I'm pretty excited about this new camera.  I'm still figuring it out though.  The camera came with 2 DVD tutorials!  That's another thing on my "to do" list this summer.  In the meantime, here are some shots from this summer with my new camera :)

At my parents' house enjoying the cool pool.  I'm 17 weeks here.

Snappy starving for attention.  She is now a 100% outdoor cat.  I can't handle the hair anymore, so she is banished to the outdoors.  Don't worry though, she has plenty of shade, water, and shelter.  She loves the new deck and fenced in yard.

Yummy summer veggies!  I love that Ray grills well :) 

Ray and Zoe.  Note: Snappy is still starving for attention.

Cousin Kelly and daughter Zoe... they match!


18 weeks!

So I tried to get a serious picture with Ray... and this is what I got.  Typical :) 

Still trying...

This is a little better, but don't all these maternity pictures just look awkward?  I mean, where do you put your hands in these pictures?   

Not bad... we will keep on trying.

Chris and Kristen came over for the 4th and we had burgers, homemade sweet potato fries, and grilled veggies.  So good!  Too bad I did not get a picture... I was so hungry I just ate it.

Trying out the timer on the new camera... not too bad for the first time.
 So hopefully I'll keep this blog going!  I think that it will be worth it, even if it's just my family looking back on it over the years :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts