Halfway!

We're halfway there!  Since I was 20 weeks along in my pregnancy as of yesterday, we've reached the halfway mark.  This pregnancy just gets more exciting as we go.  I started feeling the baby move at about 18 1/2 weeks which was really cool.  It just gives you some reassurance to feel the little guy squirming around in there.  Here's a picture at 19 1/2 weeks at my friend's wedding last weekend.
I got to see lots of old friends from college and it's so crazy how much everyone has grown up, yet we're all still the same in so many ways.  Here are some pictures:
Megan, the beautiful bride
The groom
So special :) 

The happy couple :)
Meghan Ready!

Meghan and Dylan
Ray also got some special treats for his birthday.  I made him his favorite meal... fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and gravy.  I think that this meal needs more southern sides, but Ray is quite content to have just the meat and potatoes, so I made it for him (and of course he helped cut the chicken because I HATE raw meat)

These fried chicken fingers were so easy... see Pioneer Woman for a more detailed recipe.  The only thing I did different from Pioneer Woman was that I did not put buttermilk in my flour.  This will make sense if you see her recipe: Pioneer Woman Chicken Strip Recipe

I also got him season 2 of "The Middle" - it's our favorite TV show.  If you have not heard of it, check it out.  It's not "Malcom in the Middle" - that's something completely different.  This show is just called "The Middle" and it's about a normal family in Indiana.  It's humorous and clean for the most part.  We love it.

And then the best part of his birthday came a day late.  He got to feel the baby move for the first time last night!  It was exciting that he could share in feeling the little guy :) 

Comments

Popular Posts