April Showers

The first two weekends in April, I hosted baby showers at my house for two wonderful friends, Hannah and Danielle, with the amazing help of two other great friends, Andrea and Meredith.  It was a little crazy getting all the details of the shower together (and getting my house clean!), but these two showers turned out to be the most amazing showers I've ever attended.  Every detail was thought out thoroughly (thanks to Meredith!) and it showed.  I know Hannah and Danielle both enjoyed their showers and we had fun celebrating with them before they welcome their sweet baby boys into the world in late May or early June.

Hannah's shower was first and Andrea, Danielle, Meredith, and I went with a green and navy train theme because Davis's (her firstborn) new room has a theme of trains and it's decorated in green and navy. 
 The shower was at 10am, so we had yummy brunch food - French toast casserole, sausage balls, mini quiches, fruit kabobs, donuts, and ham and cheese sandwiches.  The sandwiches didn't really go with the brunch theme, but they were what Hannah wanted, and we are all about catering to a pregnant lady with a craving ;)
And we had yummy punch that Danielle made along with hot tea and coffee to drink-
Meredith made this insanely amazing train diaper cake!
And I made the cupcakes in the diaper train-
And Andrea and Danielle put together the favors - Nail polish because Hannah's obsessed with nail polish.  I love the "baggage claim" theme for the favors.
The next weekend, Andrea, Hannah, Meredith, and I thew a shower for Danielle.  The theme for her shower was "April Showers" and we integrated aqua and orange for colors because she's going to be using those colors in the nursery.  
Danielle's shower was in the afternoon.  For food we made chicken salad, meatballs, olive bread, and we had veggies and popcorn too.  The balloons over the chandelier are a raincloud with raindrops falling.
 And we had a yummy ice cream bar for dessert!
Meredith made the great "N" because Danielle is naming her baby boy Noah.  Hannah created and found all the other great printables.  They are both so talented!
Meredith made another awesome diaper cake-
I had the best time celebrating Hannah and Danielle and their little boys along with our other friends.  I can't wait to meet these sweet boys and learn all I can from these wonderful mamas about how to juggle a newborn and a toddler - they better share all their secrets with me!

Comments

  1. Joyous to know about these April showers. Recently, I arranged my cousin’s bridal shower party at one of elegant LA event venues. Made beautiful arrangements for this party and everyone liked these arrangements very much. Had amazing time there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts