7 Months!

Baby James turned 7 months today!  He's growing and changing.  Here's what is going on now -
 
James weighs 19 pounds and 13 ounces.  He still has those chubby cheeks that everyone loves so much!
 
He has started talking.  He always made noises, but now he can say "Ba ba ba ba ba ba...."  He gets excited when we repeat what he says back to him and then he tries to say it again.
 
He loves it when we throw a blanket or towel over his head and then pull it back and surprise him.
 
We have started wearing him on our backs when we carry him now.  He is loving it!  He never cries when he's back there.  He just hangs out.  I do have to be careful that he doesn't fall asleep when I don't want him to fall asleep.  Yesterday I was talking on the phone and doing laundry while he was on my back.  When I got off the phone, he was knocked out.  Oops! 
 
He tries to reach out and grab toys from his sitting position, but when he reaches too far, he falls forward.  He hates falling forward because this leaves him on his belly and he just can't get the hang of tummy time.  He still has not figured out how to roll over in either direction.  I guess he'll get it one of these days.
 
James is not a fan of food.  I've tried to give him bananas, avocados, and sweet potatoes, but he does not want anything to do with it!  I put the food in front of him, and he just turns up his nose.  When I put the food in his mouth, he gags and spits it out - and then he makes a face at me like I'm trying to poison him.  I guess he's just very content with breast milk.  This is fine with me, because I don't have to bring food with me anywhere.  Most of the time I don't even take a diaper bag.  If I have him and a carrier, that's all I need.  Life is simple when the baby is just breastfed :)
 
And here are the pictures of this month -

One of his favorite places - in his Boba carrier -
 Proof that he might be able to get more of a tan than his mama one of these days!  He already has more sun than me this summer -check out his legs :)
Still loving bath time!  He's figured out how to splash exceptionally well.  It must be all that swimming.  If he does not tone down the splashing, we may have to move baths from the kitchen sink to the bathtub. 
 I promise - No interest in food so far.  He loves playing with toys in his high chair, but he wants nothing to do with food -
He does like playing with the chip bags and the salsa container though-
Knocked out after an afternoon with the family at Grandaddy's and Mimi's house-
 He was "helping" me with the sheets -
 James loves to sit on our bed and watch us when we're getting ready -
I love this little boy so so much!
 
Happy 7 months, James!  

Comments

Popular Posts