We Have A Crib... & More

It's time for a pregnancy update!  Lots of fun changes happen as we go through the pregnancy.  When I turned 22 weeks, I read something that said that I should start seeing the baby's kicks when I looked at my stomach.  I thought... really?  Could I really see him already?  Well I pulled up my shirt and looked at my belly and when he kicked, my belly jumped!  It was really cool to see.  I'm told that I should enjoy his kicks right now while they are still fun.  Evidently he will start kicking in my ribs in the coming weeks and I may be less than excited about that.

Here's a 22 week picture.  This is basically what I've been wearing this summer - comfy shorts and T-shirts. I don't know how I'm going to adjust to going back to school!  I just pray that the AC is working when I go back to school :)
Now, not all the changes in pregnancy are fun.  As a kid, I always had a little "outie" belly button.  I knew that it would most likely pop out during pregnancy, but I had no idea that it would make it's public debut at 22 weeks.  O well... I guess I'll just embrace it!
In other fun news, my parents got us a crib, mattress, and crib bedding!  I knew that I wanted a simple, white crib and I found a good deal that was exactly what I wanted, so my parents bought it for us.  Lisa and I also found some cute bedding at Babies R Us that matched my love for turquoise and giraffes, so she bought that for us too.  My dad wanted to buy a child saddle and golf clubs for the baby, but I convinced him that he should buy a crib first.  Between me and Lisa, he gave in to our logic.  Here's Ray putting the crib together...
 I helped by watching and taking pictures.  We both had fun getting the crib together.
Here's the super cute sheets that came with the bedding... giraffes, elephants, and turtles!
And the final product!  One of my students from last year got me the cute blanket.  It has a giraffe on it!
Me, the baby boy, and the crib in our 23rd week...

Ray's parents got us some necessities to get ready for the boy's arrival too.  They bought us a stroller, car seat, and base!  From the recommendation of my friend, Hannah, we got Britax and so far I'm impressed with the brand.  I can't wait to start using it as we walk around the neighborhood and drive around town.  Here's Pop and ______ (Ray's mom still doesn't know what she wants baby Bower to call her).  That's okay though, because baby Bower still doesn't have a name!

Here's a cute fact about my love for giraffes and my giraffe themed nursery: Ray's mom told me today that Ray's first toy as a child was a giraffe and he loved it!  How fun!

Comments

  1. I love... love...love these pics! It's so exciting that you're prepping for baby boy! Wow, he'll be here before you know it! The crib and sheets are so precious! Love the giraffes! Way to go! You have such great taste!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts