Lake Weekend

Ray and I went to visit my Uncle Ben and Aunt Marcia last weekend at their home.  They live on Lake Murray which is near Columbia, South Carolina.  They were INCREDIBLE hosts and we loved spending time with them.  Marcia had our weekend itinerary full of fun and I was never hungry.  She had healthy snacks and wonderful meals the whole time we were there.  I was a happy camper.

Here's the view from their backyard.  Can't complain about this view!
And the view from the lake to their house...
Columbia is usually a very hot place in the summer, but this weekend was not too bad and swimming in the lake made it much more tolerable.  I say that we "swam," but we actually just floated on those noodle things. It was so nice.  I did see a crazy three finned fish just break the water like a shark does.  It was huge and brown and had three fins... maybe four... and I squealed, but Ray, Ben, and Marcia all thought that I was crazy.  Well... I know what I saw.  Ray and Ben floating in the lake...
Our lake tour guide / captain Marcia...

Ray enjoying the boat ride...
We rode the boat to the clubhouse to eat lunch and it was quite tasty.  After that, we came back to the house to get ready for an afternoon of golf.  Ray likes to play golf, but he does not play too often, so we decided to play just 9 holes.  He did very well (which he credits to the golf lessons that my dad gave him last year), but Marcia played better than both of the men.  The course was beautiful and I had fun watching from the shade of my golf cart.




Ben and Marcia even had gifts for Baby Bower!  I love cute boy clothes!

Ben and Marcia - Thanks so much for an AMAZING weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts