I'm A Consignment Mommy

Babies can be expensive, but they don't have to be expensive - especially when you're a consignment mommy!  I've only bought James new clothes a couple of times ever.  Usually I get all of his clothes and toys at consignment sales.  These sales are held by several pre-schools and they happen in the early spring and early fall.  We are in the middle of consignment season right now and I'm a happy shopper.  I get so excited about consignment sales - the night before my first consignment sale of the season, I got nauseated because I was so excited.  I was like a little kid on Christmas Eve!  Another fun part about consignment sales is that I always see many of my mommy friends there - I have yet to go to a sale and not see at least a couple of moms I know.  We all know a good deal when we see one ;)
 
James's Mimi (Lisa) went consignment shopping with me last Friday and she got James lots of fun new toys for our house and her house.  It looks like a consignment sale threw up in our living room.  Notice the chaos in the background-
And James's favorite toy right now has to be the giant Legos.  He loves to pull them out of the bin, chew on them, and get them all over the room.
Today I went to two of my favorite sales - Christ United Methodist and Friendly Avenue Baptist.  Both of them are right around the corner from my house and both of them have most items for 1/2 price on Saturday.  So I had James on my back and we were waiting in line outside the church before 8am this morning.  I am NOT a morning person, but these sales are worth it to me.  Almost all the clothes I got were nice name brands - Gap, Children's Place, Crazy 8, Gymboree, and some Carters.  This is what I got today for $65-
2 long sleeve jumpers
4 button up dress shirts
9 casual long sleeve shirts
3 sweaters
1 jacket
4 sets of PJs
2 pairs of khaki pants
2 hats
11 pairs of socks
1 sleep sack
1 pair of Stride Rite shoes
1 book
1 baby Bible songs CD
1 Bumbo seat
1 alphabet puzzle play mat
People have their preferences about what type of ways to get used clothes for their kids, but my preference by far is going to the consignment sales.  I can get everything I need all at once and there is a huge selection and the prices are wonderful.  If only they had consignment sales like this for adults.  Oh well... for now James will be dressed better than Ray and me. 

Comments

Popular Posts