Farm Day

Today for play group, we headed out to the horse farm (my parents' house)!  The last time we were there, we went swimming, but this time we went out to the country to ride horses.  While my parents have three horses of their own, Alice is the only horse we use with kids.  We've owned Alice since she was 4 years old and she'll be 20 in February.  She is perfect with kids.  Even though she has a mean streak, she's always been kind with children and she knows how to keep them safe.  She always does everything I ask of her, but today I asked her to jog when James was riding with me and she wouldn't do it.  She refused.  I really think it's because she knew James was up there and she wanted to keep him secure.  Lots of the kids in play group got to ride with their parents.  It was so much fun!
Mimi took care of James while I gave more pony rides.  He didn't complain one bit-
Lots of circles in the pasture and lots of happy babies-
Davis mowed the grass in the meantime-
There were lots of little ones waiting their turn to ride-
And then we all went on a hayride-
Ethan is the newest member of play group and he's jumping right in - he's 5 days old here in his first play group appearance!
 Grandaddy loves spending time with his James!
Thanks so much, Grandaddy and Mimi, for a great day on the farm!

Comments

Popular Posts