We Have Blinds!

When we first moved in to our new house, the blinds were... well... um... not up to par.  First of all, about half of the windows did not even have blinds.  Second, of the blinds that were there, they did not match.  Third, most of the binds that were there did not even fit the windows.  Let me explain with some pictures...

Exhibit A - The Wrong.  Someone mounted the blinds on the outside of the window rather than set in the frame of the window.  This means that the blinds just hang there because there is nowhere for them to rest.  It also means that there is a huge gap between the window and the blinds.  This allows your neighbors to see inside your bedroom.  It also allows lights from outside to come inside the bedroom at night.  O the joy of exhibit A.
 Exhibit B - No Blinds.  Several of the windows in our house did not have blinds at all when we moved in.  I love that my kitchen window faces the street because I can see the neighbors walking by and I'm just aware of what's going on in front of my house.  The only problem is when it's dark outside and there are no blinds.  Recently, since the days are getting shorter, I've spent many nights in front of my sink, washing dishes, and wondering who is watching me wash in my PJs.  O how I love exhibit B.
Exhibit C - The Ugly.  I'm so sorry if you have these types of blinds in your house, but I just think that they are ugly.  I'm told that they are actually very expensive blinds, but in my opinion, they are difficult to work with and just plain not attractive.  This morning, when I was trying to take a picture of them, this was as far down as they would go.  Very functional?  I don't think so.  Exhibit C... I don't have any other words for you.
So... what do do when you have all these problems with blinds?  You call in the pros!  Thankfully, the pros for me are my Uncle Hank and Aunt Donna.  For years, they owned the Greensboro company, Custom Blinds.  As a housewarming gift to us, they gave us and installed for us our blinds!  Thanks so much, Donna and Hank!!

Here is Hank and Ray after they finished working -
And here are some more pictures of the wonderful work.  Goodbye exhibits A, B, and C!

Here's a bedroom window -
And the baby's room -
And the blinds work so well - it get's super dark when they are closed.  I'm hoping that this will mean great sleeping for Baby Bower :)  I had to turn the light on in the room for the picture to turn out ok.
And finally... privacy in the kitchen.  I can wash in my PJs -
Thanks so much, Donna and Hank!  You're the best!!

Comments

Popular Posts