Southeast Homecoming

October 5th was Southeast Guilford High School's 50th homecoming.  This was special for me because Ray and I graduated from Southeast in 2004 and I've been teaching Spanish at Southeast from 2008 until now.  I guess that you could say that I left the Falcon's nest, flew around the world a bit in college, and then I came back to the Falcon's nest to settle.  I love being a Falcon!  Our school colors are orange and black.  Once you get used to it, orange and black do not mean Halloween, it just means that you're in Falcon country.

Here are some pictures of my classroom this year.  This is the front of the room.  That is a "Zero Gravity" lawn chair in the front of the room on the right side.  I brought it in thinking that I would be able to sit it in to rest my feet during this pregnancy.  You would think that I sit in it all the time, but I actually hardly get a chance to sit in it.  If I get to sit in twice a week, I'm doing very well.  Teaching just does not work well when you're low to the ground and can't see what your students are doing.  
And the back of the room:
The side of the room with the Argentina flag.  One winter there were 4 snow days in a row, so I came in and a few students and I painted Argentina's flag on the wall.  I think it looks much more pleasant than a plain wall.
The other side of the room -
Here is my mouse count for the year.  So far this school year I've only caught one mouse.  I caught a lizard on one of my mouse traps this year, but I guess I can't count that.  If you've never heard of my encounters with mice at Southeast, you must read My Mouse Story.  Let's just say that it's been a constant battle between the mice and me.
My lovely 1st block class with all their orange and black!  I'm in the middle somewhere -
My awesome 3rd block class -
 Crazy picture of 3rd block -
Sorry, 2nd block, but we ran out of time and I forgot to take a picture of you!

I am so very thankful for all my students and classes this year.  They are super!  It makes my job so much easier and I love teaching when it's like this.  I just love my little Falcons.

Here are some shots from the homecoming parade:
Susan and Bri - some of my favorite Falcons ever - watched the parade with me.  I taught Bri in my Spanish I and II classes my first and second year teaching.  Susan, Bri's mom, was basically my mother at school.  She ran copies for me, brought me food, and just made me laugh.  She still comes to school to help me sometimes and her daughter graduated 2 years ago!
And finally at the homecoming game!  Here's Melissa - an English teacher at SE.  She has the cutest little girl!  And Phillip, her husband, is not too bad either :)
 Kensley is looking at Susan like she's crazy - that's because she is!  I'm looking exhausted - that's because it was a LONG homecoming week and this was the end of it on Friday night :)
 I'll always be a Falcon! 

Comments

Popular Posts