A Shower for Baby Bower

On Sunday, October 7th, my step mom Lisa, my grandma Kathryn, and my aunt Donna hosted a shower for James and me.  They are all such wonderful cooks and hosts.  It was a dreary day outside, but the warmth and love inside was abundant.  Here are Donna and Lisa with the awesome food they prepared:
This shower was for family and family friends.  Here are some pictures of the guests.  Family on Ray's side: aunt Kim, sister Kaitlyn, Natalie, and aunt Luanne are in this picture.  Kaitlyn came all the way from New York for the shower!  Thanks so much for being there!  
 Aunt Linda, aunt Georgianne, Janie, and Rachel:
 Grandmother Blakewood, Lisa, aunt Ashlyn, aunt Pat, and cousin Sarah:
 Horse show friends, Haley and Rebecca Hine:
 Grandmothers!  Grandma Kathryn and Mama James.  Mama James was wearing the colors of James's nursery - grey and turquoise -
 My neighbor from when I was little - Cindy Lynk.  She was like a second mother to me.  She picked me up from school, drove me to the barn, and drove us to the pool.  She also made the best snicker doodle cookies.  Her door was always open and she was the best neighbor a girl could ask for! 
 The future grandmothers!  They are still trying to figure out their names for what James will call them.  Neither of them really look old enough to be grandmothers, so I understand that the name process can be a little overwhelming.  I know that both of you will be wonderful grandmothers! 
I was absolutely overwhelmed with the generosity shown to me by my friends and family.  James and I have a very good start! 
And then the opening of the gifts began... so much fun!  Aunt Kim gave us lots of soft baby blankets, plus a humorous gift - she gave me the "Pee-pee Teepee."  The instructions for the Pee-pee Teepee are as follows: "Hold feet with one hand so legs are at a 90 degree angle and place Pee-pee Teepee on wee wee during diaper changes.  Wash in cold water and dry on low."  Haha!  What a fun gift!  I'm wondering if this Pee-pee Teepee actually works though.  I'm thinking that I'm going to get a little pee-pee on me no matter what I do.    
 Opening more fun gifts - this was a bouncer / rocker -
 So cute!  A "My First Christmas" outfit! 
 Reading "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you See?"  I'm getting some practice. 
 The painting that aunt Linda made for James's nursery!  I love it!
 Aunt Kim MADE all the beautiful giraffe invitations for the shower.  She is so great! 
 All the hosts - Thanks so much, Lisa, Donna, and Kathryn!  This day was so special for me and James :)
Ray showed up at the end to help load the car with gifts.  My dad took him golfing so he was not a part of all the girly shower festivities - 
 And I couldn't forget a belly shot at the shower - this was 31 1/2 weeks -
A HUGE thanks to all the ladies who came to support me and James!  We love you all! 

Comments

Popular Posts