Baby Bower #4!

So it's official!  I'm pregnant... again!  Yes, this baby was planned and loved long before I got pregnant.  I have always said that I wanted 3 or 4 kids but leaned more towards 3.  Ray always said he wanted 3 or 4 kids but leaned more towards 4.  So Ray won.  But it didn't take much convincing on his part!

This is my fourth pregnancy since 2012.  That's a lot of time growing babies... and my body is feeling it this time around!  I'm always nauseous during the first trimester.  At 7 weeks pregnant, I was gagging and feeling like I would vomit at the slightest off smell.  I decided I couldn't take it anymore and for the first time I took a medication in pregnancy to help the nausea.  I'm taking Diclegis and it has worked very well to keep me at least somewhat functional.  I still mostly let the house cleaning go and I couldn't cook, but I was able to work (I did 4 births in my first trimester) and at least not feel like I was going to vomit all day every day.  Since I'm finally out of the first trimester I'm finally starting to feel better.

The kids (especially James) are thrilled to have another baby in the family.  We have always talked about having another, so when we first told them, they didn't think it was a big deal. Finally, when we kept talking about the baby, James realized there was a baby in my belly NOW and he told his whole preschool class.  It was before I was going to announce to the whole world, but he was excited so I didn't really care.

We announced on Facebook a couple of days ago and I think a lot of people missed our announcement because I guess when your family goes from 5 to 6, it's hard to tell the difference in the number of stockings - it just looks like lots of stockings!

I enjoyed testing early when I was pregnant with Anna, so I did the same thing with this baby.  I got a positive test on the afternoon of 8 days past ovulation with Anna, so I was hoping for the same thing this time (even though 8 days is VERY early).  So I didn't get a positive at 8 days or on the morning of 9 days past ovulation... so I figured I just wasn't pregnant.  I had one test left and decided to use it on the afternoon of 9 days past ovulation.  I used it and then went to go get Anna up for her nap.  I casually walked back to look at the test and it was positive! The line was light, but it was absolutely there.  I was shocked, excited, and a little terrified all at the same time.  I was thrilled about the timing of this pregnancy because I wanted another summer baby.  I was also glad about the timing because I knew I'd be getting over the morning sickness by Christmas.

My major prayers for this pregnancy are for the baby to be healthy, for me to stay healthy, to grow another small 8 pound baby, and for this baby not to be breech!  I'm not going to lie - I do feel like I worry more and more each pregnancy... Especially after all we went through at the end with Anna flipping all over the place - the position of this baby and size of this baby weighs heavily on my mind.  I can't eat super healthy in my first trimester, but starting today I'm basically eating a paleo diet + dairy.  I was on a very low carb diet with Anna and that's what I'm going to do this time - for the next 6 months. So, basically, no sweets, no sugar, no rice, no potatoes, no pasta, no bread, and minimal fruit.  It's hard.  But if it helps keep me and baby healthy and regular size, then it's beyond worth it.

So... I have no idea how I'll manage 4 little ones!  I'll have 4 kids ages 5 and under.  It's going to be wild.  But I love our little family!

Comments

Popular Posts