The Early Days with Anna

These first few days with Anna have been so so sweet. I'm obsessed with her and now I realize why people love newborns. See... Since my first two babies came out the size of your average one month old and three month old, they acted like that too... I never really had a newborn who slept all the time and was just content. Anna has been an easy blessing so far... The only time she cries is when she's getting her diaper changed. She sleeps a lot, but even when she's awake, she's happy to just look around and take it all in... And there's a lot to observe with her two wild brothers. So far, she has enjoyed me wearing her which is key for my survival when I have three to take care of solo. She's an excellent eater and my milk came in quick. She was born at 7 pounds 15 ounces. At 1.5 days old at her first doctor appointment, she was down to 7 pounds 13 ounces, but then this morning at 3.5 days old, she was over her birth weight at 8 pounds. She's so content... Holding her, cuddling her, and looking at her makes me want to melt. She loves to sleep right beside me but also sleeps in her rock n play and she falls asleep most of the time in the car. Just like I did with James and Luke, we usually go out and do things in the morning and then we take a nap together in the afternoon... I have to get out and do things, but I know that the whole family is much happier with naps and rest, so those are major priorities in my house. I would really love it if she continues to be an easy baby! 

Our first walk at 35 hours old... 
Waking up next to her is so perfect...
Baby cheeks! 
The best part of the newborn stage are the naps on my chest...

The boys were both born in the fall... But I think I'm going to like all this outside time with a summer baby...
James is obsessed with her. He wants to hug her, kiss her, squeeze her, open her eyes, and put stickers on her. Clearly we have to keep a close eye on him. But his intentions are good most of the time. Luke likes to look at her, but thankfully doesn't try to touch her much. 
I know these early days will go by so fast... I try to soak them up as much as I can... Smelling her perfect little newborn head and cherishing the middle of the night nursing sessions... Because little babies don't keep! 

Comments

Popular Posts