Easter Weekend

We have had a FULL three days!  And it has been so so good.  It started on Good Friday.  James's and Luke's Gigi (Ray's mom) came over to hang out with us.  When she came over, she helped James stuff Easter eggs with stickers to take to an egg hunt.  We went to an Easter egg hunt that one of my friends, Sally, hosted for friends from church.  It was James's first egg hunt and he caught on fast!  Sally told the story of why we celebrate Jesus dying to all the kids before the hunt.
And then the hunt was on!  James did great.  Gigi helped sort through the eggs.  There were stickers in some, candy in some, and others were empty.  The empty ones were supposed to represent the empty tomb, but let's just say that James wasn't very excited about the empty ones ;) He doesn't know what candy is, but he was curious.  Thankfully, James's grandmother is wonderful and doesn't sneak him candy.  She took it away from him like I asked.  By the time they were finished sorting through the eggs, James just handed over the candy.  I'm not a mean mother - I just know my super energetic two year old does not need extra sugar.  The egg hunt was so fun.  Luke chilled on my back for pretty much the whole thing.  He had a cold, but hung in there. 
On Friday evening, Ray took care of the boys and I got to slip away to the Good Friday service at church.  It was wonderful.  One of my friends, Kate, picked me up and we went together.  So refreshing to sit and remember Good Friday.

On Saturday morning, we decided to go to the zoo!  We packed up and headed out.  Luke napped on the way there.  When we got there, it was windy and cool, but it warmed up after a little while.  Luke once again hung out on my back the majority of the time.  James liked hanging out with Ray and the loved pointing at the animals and seeing all of them.  His favorite animals were the birds.  He liked seeing them so close.  His favorite were the "pink birds" - the flamingos. 
On Saturday afternoon, we went to my parents' house.  James got to hang out with family, do another egg hunt, and play with chicks.  It was great to see so much family!
On Sunday morning, Luke and Ray stayed home from church.  Luke was doing better overall, but really needed some sleep.  He took three naps today that were over two hours each. James and I got to go to church and I met my dad there which was great. The service was wonderful. The worship music is always great at Westover, but there's something special about worshiping with the body on Easter morning. 

After church, we went to Grandma Kathryn's and Papa Odell's house for lunch. Kathryn cooked and it was delicious like always. We didn't manage to get an Easter picture... Luke was sick and it just didn't happen.  I did, however, get a picture of James zoned out playing with his eggs.  I think he was a little tired after a long and full weekend :)
So very thankful for Easter - the day that changes EVERYTHING!

Comments

Popular Posts