Luke is 5 Months Old

Luke was born on September 30th, so he turned 5 months old on February 28th... I'm a little behind!  But he's doing great.  I am really enjoying him.  He has turned into a pretty chill little dude.  He's only fussy when he's tired.  The boy loves his sleep!  
- Here's his typical routine: Wakes up around 6am (yes, super early!).  He takes his first nap around 8am in his crib and naps 45 minutes - 1.5 hours.  Then he's awake for another 2-3 hours.  If we are out and about and he had a short morning nap, he will catnap while we are out.  Then when we come home for the afternoon he takes another nap... sometimes this nap starts in his crib, but I end up getting him when he starts to stir and he comes in bed with me to sleep the afternoon away.  He's my little cuddle buddy.  He goes to bed at night around 6:30/7.  He's so flexible right now and I love it.  He will sleep in his crib, sleep while I'm wearing him, or sleep in bed with me.  
- He loves to be on his belly.  When we put him on his back, he flips to his belly right away.
- He likes to sleep on his right side.  We put him on his back, but he rolls to his side, sticks his hand in his mouth, and goes to sleep.
- He likes to play with the toys on his play mat and he enjoys playing with other toys in his hands.  
- He likes books and enjoys us reading to him (although James usually wants to hold the book, so Luke doesn't see it very well... but he still hears the words).
- He loves watching James.  James makes him smile and laugh more than anyone else.  He adores his brother.
And some pictures...
 James was actually being gentle and patting his head here... no worries ;)
Luke was knocked out while I was consignment sale shopping... 
It has been a good winter with these two boys.  But I can't wait until the weather warms up and we can get out!  We love you, Luke!  You are adorable.  You have me wrapped around your finger and I melt when I watch you sleep.  Your smile takes my breath away.  I love you sweet, sweet boy!

Comments

Popular Posts