Luke is 1 Month Old

I can't believe a whole month has passed!  In some ways it feels like it's been forever since labor, but in other ways, I can't believe how fast this little guy is growing up right before my eyes.  We went outside to take a few pictures today since it was a perfect fall day...
Luke is already over half of James's weight!  James better watch out how much he picks on his little bro ;)
We went to the doctor this morning for a checkup.  Everything looks great and he's gaining weight very well... as in he's way off the charts... his weight is in the 99th percentile.  He weighs 13 pounds, 7 ounces.  The doctor said with a laugh that he will stop gaining weight this rapidly eventually.  But in the meantime, it's so satisfying to know that my milk is providing everything he needs.  The doctor asked if I did anything other than feed the child, haha!  He does eat every two hours or so around the clock with an occasional three hour stretch.  It really doesn't bother me at all though.  He's only this little for a little while and I love all the extra cuddles that come with feeding him. 

He's liking being worn more and more.  About 75% of the time, he goes to sleep within 5-10 minutes of being worn.  This is so nice because I don't have the time to stop what I'm doing with James to try to rock him to sleep.  So I just strap the kid on me and we keep doing what we were doing.  We walked to our neighborhood park today.  I wore Luke and pushed James in the stroller.  It's about a 20 minute walk there and 20 minutes back, so it's nice to get a little exercise rather than have to pack everyone up in car seats. 
The child loves sleeping as close as he can to us.  And we love snuggling with him too...
And sometimes I can slip away from him without disturbing him.  It's so hard to wake up in the mornings when James gets up.  All I want to do is snuggle with Luke, but I have to get up.  In the end though, I enjoy the time one on one with James in the mornings and after naps while Luke is still asleep. 
He sleeps through the Panthers games... It's probably the best option as a Panthers fan this year. 
Can't believe it's already been a month.  I love this little guy more than words can say. 

Comments

Popular Posts