Family Fun Weekend at Church

This weekend, Westover Church hosted a family fun weekend and it was wonderful!  It started on Friday night with a taco night dinner and fun with games in the parking lot for the kiddos.  We loved the time with all the other families.  It was crazy with toddlers and kids running around everywhere, but I loved it.  I just love seeing everyone in community.  I enjoyed it so much, I didn't take pictures!

Then this morning, we woke up early and headed back to church.  We met there to get instructions for a community service project.  Westover partners with the neighborhood elementary school, Morehead elementary, to tutor students two days each week during the school year.  Today, our project was to go to the school as families and help clean up the outside of the school.  We cleaned out flower beds, weeded, washed playground equipment, picked up trash, and spread mulch.  James was helpful for about 15 minutes picking weeds and putting them in bags....
Ray was in his element... he loves hard work and landscaping.
But eventually James got hot and bored with the cleanup efforts.  So he came over to me and I put some cold water on his head and he loved it!  So I ended up supervising the work and supervising James.  I probably could have cleaned up more, but squatting and picking weeds is not very easy these days... I've lost most of my balance, sadly.  I'm so glad we were able to go though and I love the fact that Westover has opportunities like this for the whole family to serve together. 
This is him signing that he wants me to put water on him again.
After a morning of hard work, we came home for quick showers and then headed to our favorite Thai restaurant for lunch.  James was so worn out and hungry that he couldn't keep his head off the table!  But once he got some good Thai food in him, he was ready to go again.
This evening, we went back to church for a cookout.  The theme was to wear your favorite team attire.  James wore a 3-6 month Panthers onesie that I actually got at a consignment sale for Luke!  His arms barely fit.  Again, I was so busy enjoying dinner with other families that I forgot to take pictures.  But we were so happy to have great fellowship with our friends.  

After the cookout, there was a concert for the entire family put on by Seeds Family Worship.  It was fun to have James in there with us.  He didn't want to sit in a chair, but he was happy to hang out on daddy's shoulders. 

If you're in the Greensboro area and don't have a church home, please check out Westover!  It's a big church, but there is close community if you get plugged in and there are opportunities for everyone.  Here's more info - www.westoverchurch.com

Comments

Popular Posts