First Steps!

Yesterday was a huge day for James!  In the morning, we went to his first music class and he really enjoyed it.  During the class, he stood up in front of me (which he's done in the past), but then he took a couple of steps towards me before falling in my lap.  No one else was paying attention, so I questioned if I actually saw what I thought I saw. 

Later in the afternoon, I sat down with James at his table and we tried craft time for the first time.  He did very well and sat there for about ten minutes sticking stickers and coloring with markers.  He also colored his hands, face, and shirt.  But he was entertained...
 Nice work, right?  It's on my fridge right now.  I'm a proud mama! 
After Ray got home that yesterday evening, we tried to see if James would walk again.  He walked back and forth between us several times.  Sometimes he would run and dive into our arms and other times he was a little more in control of his steps.  But either way, he completed his first independent steps yesterday and he's very happy!  We are happy too, but he still has a long way to go until he's able to walk around well on his own.  Right now he for sure needs someone to get ready to catch him before he goes down head first.  Here's James walking to me tonight... 

He starts by holding on to the couch-
Then he takes both hands off the couch and stands there for a little bit-
Checking out his surroundings-
And he's off!
So excited!
And crash into my arms!
Everyone warns me that life is going to get crazy with him running around, but I can't wait!  It's been over 16 months and I'm ready for the real transition into toddlerhood.  Can't wait till he's going on his own! 

Comments

Popular Posts