Anna's Shower

My amazing friends threw a wonderful shower for me this morning!  I'm so blessed to have such special mamas in my life... I don't know what I'd do without them... I'd probably go insane, I know I'd be lost, and this whole parenting journey just wouldn't be as fun.  They all came around me and we had a great child-free morning with delicious food and a fun game (see below!).  And of course they generously showered us with gifts - Anna has so many bows now!

Here are all the beautiful ladies!
And the amazing food!  I love brunch, so we had yummy brunch with three casseroles (sausage/egg, grits/bacon, and French toast), fruit, veggies, muffins, chocolate dipped pretzels and yogurt.  I really appreciate eating delicious food with friends without my children occasionally!  Oh - and sipping coffee slowly... that's pretty awesome too.  I absolutely cheated on my diet today and it was worth it!
Hannah hosted the shower in her beautiful home and every detail was just perfect...
 Cute favors for the guests...
Four years ago at this time, I was pregnant with James and Hannah was pregnant with her first child too, Davis.  As I was planning a shower for her, I asked her if we could play a fun game I found on Pinterest called "Pin the Sperm on the Egg."  Hannah said absolutely NOT.  I was kinda bummed but respected her decision.  A few months later, she hosted a shower for me and James... it was a lovely shower, but no game.  Then almost two years ago, a group of friends hosted a shower for me and Luke at Print Works (a nice restaurant) and no game there either because... well... it was a really nice restaurant.  Had I forgotten about this fun game over the years?  Not at all.  But I knew this was probably my last chance to get to play this game... A shower hosted by my close girl friends in a home... But I didn't dare ask Hannah when she was planning the shower.  I just figured I'd wait and see.  So today, she got all of us to go outside and we got to play the game - it was such a fun surprise!
It's basically pin the tail on the donkey... but more fun!  Hannah cut out lots of little sperm for each of us to try.  I tired twice and never hit the egg!  But it was so funny to watch everyone try.
And here are the wonderful hosts!  Lisa, Marsha, Hannah, Mackie, and Danielle - Thank you for an incredible morning!  I felt so loved.  And notice that the game is filled with little sperm!  Ha!  Some of my friends had much better aim than I did!
My friends were incredibly generous with gifts!  I got cute clothes, new cloth diapers, crib sheets, lots of bows, books, wipes, homemade blankets and hats, and so many other goodies!  I can't wait until she's here in hopefully less than two months and start to use them.  Thanks so so much, friends! 


Comments

Popular Posts