Mountain Vacation!

I'm not going to lie... When my parents told me several months ago that they wanted us to go on a vacation with them to the mountains, I was a little (actually, very) nervous!  We are homebodies and I like to keep my kids on a schedule and I didn't know how Luke would be as a 7 month old and I didn't have a clue how any of us would get any sleep with all four of us in the same bedroom.  BUT - It turned out great!  For starters, my parents gave us the master bedroom (for which we were SO thankful!).  That way, James slept in the bathroom in a pack-n-play and Luke slept in a different pack-n-play in the bedroom with us.  The boys didn't sleep as well as they do at home, but who does?  But overall everyone was content which made my life so much easier.  I got to relax a bit while they slept and we had some fun adventures!  Another thing that made the trip extra special was that my Uncle Ben and Aunt Marcia were there the whole time we were there.  After we were there for a bit, some of the Bumgarners joined us too.  Between Lisa cooking amazing food, a wonderful house, a great resort, and the best family, we had a wonderful and memorable experience.  The vacation was late April/Early May.  Here are some pictures!

The amazing view from the house-
We went on several walks to get the boys out of the house-
James isn't quite ready for the Radio Flyer, but Grandaddy is!
James loves his tickles!
Luke was so easy and chill.  I'm so glad he reached the easy stage before this vacation!  Easy stage defined: Old enough to where he's out of the "4th Trimester" fussy newborn stage but young enough to not be super mobile. 
James loves his Aunt Marcia!  He was telling her all about Curious George here.
 We hate to let our kids watch TV, but in an unchildproofed house, sometimes everyone just needs a break and Curious George is a perfect 22 minute babysitter.  Oh, and see those light switches by the stairs in the picture below?  They are at James height and he LOVED playing with them.  Probably his favorite part of the house!  Ha!
The resort where we stayed had a pool and we took the boys swimming twice.  Luke wasn't really a fan, but James thought it was the best thing ever!
The resort where we stayed, Primland, is a golf resort, but they had a disc golf course that we loved! I almost managed to take out Ray, Marcia, and my dad with one of my drives that went behind me... But other than that, we all played well! 
We went on one lady walk before we left. 
So much fun! Thanks so much to my parents for making this trip possible!! 

Comments

Popular Posts