Luke is 4 Months Old

My baby is 4 months old!  I guess this means he's no longer a newborn... just a baby!  I'm happy to see the newborn stage come to an end.  Yes, I miss him sleeping on my chest.  Yes, I miss him being small (Oh wait... he wasn't ever small).  But I enjoy his temperament much more now.  He's chill much more and he's only unhappy when he's tired - and if he's tired he goes to sleep pretty easily. 

What's going on with Luke?
- He went to the doctor today for his 4 month visit and he weighs 18 pounds and 3 ounces.  
- He learned how to roll from his back to his belly a few days before he turned 4 months old.  Because of this new skill, we have taken him out of the swaddle.  He's done better than expected, but his naps haven't been as long since we stopped swaddling.
- He wakes early most mornings (around 6am).  He takes two 45 minute morning naps (sometimes they are longer) and then a long afternoon nap with me for about 3 hours.  He goes to bed between 6-7pm.  He wakes up 2-3 times most nights to nurse.
- He loves his brother.  He's easily entertained by him.  
- He enjoys watching us in the kitchen while sitting in the Bumbo.
- He can grab toys that are hanging from his play mat.
- He is enjoying being worn more and more.  He is usually happy while I'm experimenting with my newest back wrapping ventures. 
- He's started laughing and we love that.  

Pictures! 










Love these guys! 

Comments

Popular Posts