Luke is 3 Months Old

My big boy is 3 months old. I'm really happy about that! It's not that I don't love newborns, but it's really nice that he has a lot more happy awake time now. It's also wonderful to see him smile. He is easy to put to bed these days which is great too. All in all, we are loving our 3 month old chunker more than ever.

So... 3 month facts?
- He wakes up between 6-7:30 most days. Often times if he wakes up early, I can nurse him and cuddle in bed and he will go back to sleep. Sometimes I can put him in the swing and he goes back to sleep. He is always up by 8 though because James is up then and it's almost impossible to sleep while James is up ;)
- Luke takes 2 short naps in the morning. I wrap him for these naps because the first usually happens when I'm making and eating breakfast. The second morning nap happens when we are out doing something with James. Luke naps in the afternoon with me for a long time each day. He might nap on his own, but I haven't tried it. We cuddle the entire time James naps... Usually from 1-4. I love our sweet sleep together. 
- At night, Luke goes to bed at 6:30. He gets his bath at 6 and loves bath time. He typically wakes up around 11/12 and again around 3/4. I'm really happy with how he's sleeping! 
- I have no idea how much he weighs - somewhere between 17-18 pounds. He didn't go to the doctor this month, so we didn't get an exact weight. 
- He loves James. James and Luke laugh at each other and it's awesome. 
- Luke really likes the Bumbo. He loves to sit up and look around. He watches us cook and eat in the Bumbo. 
- He still loves to be swaddled when he sleeps.  Sometimes he breaks out of the swaddle though and ends up waking up.  I have no idea how he gets out because it is so tight on him and it is secured with Velcro.   
- He tolerates tummy time much better than his brother, but he still doesn't love it.  He will do it for about five minutes at a time. 
- He is starting to like being worn when he's awake.  He has always liked it as a place to sleep, but sometimes he didn't like being wrapped when awake.  Thankfully, he is getting better about that. 

And some pictures!
He loves a bath... especially when we play with him in the tub.  I love this smile!
 Tummy time isn't his favorite, but he's getting better.  Still no rolling yet.  He rolled once at 6 weeks old, but nothing since then.  He has a lot of mass to move, so we are not thinking it will happen anytime soon.
 James loves to play with his brother on the play mat.
 Christmas morning!  Luke was content... but I wasn't quite awake yet. 
 When I really need to get stuff done, he goes on my back.  It's not his favortie, but he will fall asleep after awhile anyway. 
 This is how he naps in the afternoon.  We were watching a Panthers game here.
 James was reading one of his books to him.
 He loves to nap on my chest.  He was cuddly on a cold morning.  James wanted to play outside so we wrapped up and went out.
He loves sitting up to watch us in the Bumbo...
  Chilling in his rock n play :)
Sweet baby sleeping...

Comments

Popular Posts