Only One Week {Or Three Weeks} To Go!

Even though it doesn't feel like it, I do believe I am at the end of this pregnancy!  My official due date is on Monday, September 29, so the end is coming.  I had an appointment with one of my midwives, Vicki, this morning.  Things are going well and we are just waiting to see when little Luke wants to arrive.  I have another appointment with another midwife scheduled on my due date if Luke doesn't come before then.  I'm really not thinking he's going to come this month.  If he arrives in September, I'd be thrilled, but I'm thinking he won't come until October.  We are not even considering an induction because induction is something I want to avoid for many reasons (higher risk of a C-section, longer hospital stay, increased need for pain medications, health problems for baby, and complications for mom during delivery (source)).  Obviously if my blood pressure suddenly got out of control or if I felt Luke moving less, we'd do some tests and then might consider it, but as long as we are healthy, we are waiting on him. 

So speaking of labor, I'm getting really excited about it!  Our plan is to labor at home for awhile.  We were not able to do that with James because my water broke and we waited a long time, but eventually we went to the hospital to take medicine to get contractions started.  So this time, we want to labor at home during early labor.  We hired Natural Baby Doulas and we are excited about them supporting us in labor.  Doulas are wonderful and I'm so happy to have them by our side this time.  We want to get to the hospital with enough time to get the water birth tub set up.  Ideally, I'd love to have a water birth.  With James, I labored in the water and that water was amazing pain relief.  I didn't push in the water with him because I had more success sitting up in bed pushing.  So we will see what works this time, but ideally, I'd love to birth Luke in the water.  We have lots of great birth goals, but obviously we have to be somewhat flexible, but I'm REALLY hopeful that we can meet most of our birth goals this time.  The most important goal - meeting baby Luke and both of us being healthy :)

Two weeks ago, some of my great friends, Andrea, Danielle, Hannah, Kristen, Lisa, and Meredith, threw a shower for me!  It was so nice.  We went to Print Works Bistro and had dessert and coffee and then my awesome friends showered me with generous gifts.  I felt so very loved!  Here are some pictures from the shower:
I hate that I didn't get a group picture!  But here are 4 of the six hosts above :) 
I am so thankful for my community of friends and this baby on the way!  I'm just enjoying and soaking in the last few days as a family of three.  But, seriously, Luke, any time would be wonderful ;)

Comments

Popular Posts